- According to McKinsey research 60% of GDP will be produced in 600 cities around the world by 2025.
- In post Covid-19 world, a sustainable local smart living will be the preferred way of living and working.
- Because of urban sprawl, traffic congestion and security issues, citizens demand efficient cities to improve their lives.
- IoT, mobile technology and ubiquitous broadband is allowing urban planner and city stakeholders to design smart cities.
- In future the measurement of progress of city will not only be GDP but also it will be Happiness Index or Human Development Index.
The program does not apply to idea stage or prototype stage companies.
For-profit, incorporated for no more than five years as of the application submission date, with a valid business registration number.
Startups with any products or technology under the purview of Smart City backed by a strong team.
The angel/VC investment in the company is less than $3M.
Startups having a Competitive advantage over peers & globally scalable.
Ownership of rights to commercialize the Intellectual Property. (e.g. patents, copyrights, trade secrets, etc.)